The Account Executive acts as a liaison between the advertising agency and the client, coordinating, organizing, and monitoring various advertising campaigns for both existing clientele as well as making “pitches” for new business. Account executives do extensive work with the account coordinator and the media planner to devise a marketing strategy and campaign that meets the client’s needs as well as budget. After its approval by the client, the account executive then works with the agency’s creative team on what needs to be produced and copyrighted. Essentially, they conduct the project managing aspects of a campaign by monitoring its process, keeping the client informed throughout the whole process, and overseeing the administration of the account.
Job Duties & Expectations:
- Responsible for planning, coordinating and implementing client programs and activities.
- Ensures that all programs are strategically on target with clients’ business objectives.
- Reports program results to agency management and client.
- Act as a liaison between agency and client (advertising requirements& details of campaigns)
- Plays key role in account activities including special events, media relations, program implementation, etc.
- Demonstrates ability to effectively develop full range of written materials including press releases, byline articles, speeches, client correspondence and reports.
- Develops and monitors program plans and budgets for profitability.
- Reports status to client and agency management on a regular basis.
- Develops an understanding of various research methods.
- Coordinates internal and external resources in implementing research projects.
- Work with the agency colleagues to devise an advertising campaign that meets the client’s brief and budget.
- Present alongside the agency colleagues (particularly the Account Supervisor / Director of Client Services) the campaign ideas and budget to the client.
- Work with Account Supervisor/Director of Client Services to brief media, creative and research staff and assist with the formulation of marketing strategies.
- Write, edit, and review fact sheets and other press materials.
- Serve as primary client contact for small to mid-level accounts
- Develop pitch plans and media outreach strategies, and coordinate media relations across multiple staff to retain and secure new business for the agency.
- Handle budgets manage campaign costs and invoice clients.
- Responsible for monitoring the effectiveness of campaigns.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Public Relations, or Communications.
- Four (4) years of professional work experience in communications/public relations and marketing/advertising.
- Demonstrated knowledge of standards, principles, and techniques of public relations, communications, and marketing/advertising.
- Must handle multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work in a dynamic work environment
- Strong verbal and written communication (including the ability to adapt to various writing styles and guidelines).
- Excellent MS Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, and Excel).
Ecucomm is an equal opportunity employer. U.S. citizenship is required.
|Job Category||Client Services|