Responsible for planning, developing, implementing and evaluating overall project policies and directing subordinate managers/staff. Directs and manages the operation of national projects. Administration/management/monitoring responsibilities include but may not be limited to: establishment of goals, objectives, performance requirements, standards and accountability; administration of program costs, budget, and management and operation of projects. Directs teaming partners, subcontractors, and vendors, and ensures timely and on budget completion of tasks/projects.
- Responsible for day-to-day management of healthcare practice group and its clients.
- Serve in a lead role to develop, present and execute integrated brand strategy and brand positioning communications programs.
- Provide proactive high-level client counsel and creative recommendations on how to meet brand marketing/reputation goals through communications.
- Direct the development and provide strategic direction for various client and media materials: plans, presentations, reports, communications documents.
- Build, coordinate, and direct (team) implementation of third party communications programs; ensure best practices and quality of deliverables.
- Develop and edit high quality written materials, including media correspondence, bylines, and speaking abstracts.
- Develop relationships and coordinate correspondence with external audiences: third party organizations, healthcare professionals, media, etc.
- Supervise and train junior account staff; provide quality control, determine workflow and assignments.
- Build and maintain strong client relationships at the senior level and build/recruit strong agency account teams.
- Lead the healthcare business development efforts for the office.
- Be ultimately responsible for the profit and loss of significant client budgets and oversee the client budget development, tracking, billing and communications; proven ability to run accounts profitably.
Characteristics of Ideal Candidate
- At least 8 years in management of advertising, marketing, communications or public relations campaigns/projects
- Advertising, broadcast, media, publishing experience
- Goal driven with outstanding record of achievement in current/past positions
- Superior professionalism, discretion, and judgment
- Strong work ethic and capacity to thrive in a team environment
- Creativity, persistence and tenacity
- Strong analytics and real-time judgment
- Effective time management and organization skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Spirit of generosity, enthusiasm, and a positive attitude
- Adaptable and willing to approach tasks with velocity and a high metabolism
- Team player
- Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of relevant experience
- Ability to plan, implement, and evaluate integrated marketing activities for a wide range of clients.
- Exceptional organization skills with the ability to complete projects and handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Ability to conceive, plan, implement, and monitor long- and short-term projects from conception through completion. Capable of prioritizing work assignments, as well as monitoring multiple projects. Demonstrated ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Management/supervisory experience. Experienced and adept at people management, including hiring, developing, coaching and retention.
- Excellent budget, financial and marketing mathematics skills.
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills as well as creative management experience.
- MSWord, spreadsheet, and database application proficiency.
- Excellent vendor management and customer service skills.
- Outstanding presentation, writing and oral communication skills with a focus on details and accuracy.
- Ability to work independently and well with a diverse group of people throughout the organization.
- Experience in managing government contracts, a plus.
|Job Category||Client Services|