Accounting & Bookkeeping
Posted 8 months ago
ECU Communications is looking for a full-time Accounting Clerk with at least three (3) years of experience working with Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable. We are a fast-paced environment, working with multiple federal government agencies and require that the ideal candidate have at least two (2) years working with a Federal Government Contractor, strong attention to detail, effective at communicating, and integrity in their work ethic.
ACCOUNTING CLERK Summary:
- Posting actions to journals,
- Identifying subsidiary accounts affected
- Making debit and credit entries and assigning proper codes.
- Determine the reasons for rejections and prepare necessary correcting material.
- Provide detailed instructions for complex or unusual assignments.
- Complete work and methods used are reviewed for technical accuracy.
- Assist in other accounting areas as may be required, including Accounts Payable, Contract Billings, Accounts Receivable, or Data Processing.
- AP follows up to sure all backup invoices/receipt copies are received with a copy of the coding form and filed.
Responsibilities & Expectations
- Edit, revise, and verify data received for completeness and accuracy, resolve routine problems, and communicate effectively.
- Prepare source documents for data entry, code accounts appropriately, and perform the data entry function.
- Revise and verify miscellaneous statements and reports against data from originating sources.
- Accumulate and tabulate control statistics.
- Effectively interface with vendors for problem resolution or account concerns.
- Maintain various master files and listings, including periodic transaction statistics.
- Reconcile client accounts.
- Answer phone takes and relays messages.
- Organize, file, and maintain records in a current condition.
- May review computer printouts against manually maintained journals, detect and correct erroneous postings.
- Prepare documents to adjust accounting classifications and other data, or review lists of transactions rejected by an automated system
- Organize monthly receipts and payments of approved employee reimbursement request forms with proper supervisor approval and backup documentation.
- Allocate certain direct periodic expenses charged monthly or other period using appropriate distribution codes.
- Receive monthly downloaded credit card expenses and send them to cardholders using the credit card expense form for proper coding.
- Set up new vendors before payment, obtain W-9 forms, and code as 1099 vendors when appropriate and set up to receive ACH payments when requested/authorized. Issue 1099- MISC forms annually.
- Obtain authorized signatures for checks and distribute.
- Ensure accurate filing/recordkeeping for all AP payments and backup documentation, whether via check or ACH.
- Bachelor’s in Finance, Accounting, or related field.
- Must have three years (3) years of Accounts Payable experience
- Strong technical skills, including Microsoft Excel
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work with detailed information with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to be accurate and meet deadlines in a high-volume setting.
- Ability to learn and follow procedures quickly.
- Commitment to working in a diverse working environment.
- Embraces process improvement and is comfortable making recommendations.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player.
- Must pass a financial background check.
Ecucomm is an equal opportunity employer. U.S. citizenship is required.
|Job Category||HR & Administration|